University Health is seeking a Senior Auditor to join our team.
Some of our benefits are…
- Great educational opportunities within the health system
- Education reimbursement
- Amazing Medical Benefits (Vision Included)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
This critical position will report directly to University Health Director of Internal Audit Services and will be responsible for completion of the annual work plan and management advisory projects. Will direct and perform complex technical work requiring extensive knowledge of audit standards/procedures/techniques, internal control frameworks, governmental accounting principles, advanced information systems and management concepts. Will plan, program, perform and report on operational, financial, contract, compliance and IT audits. Will also perform management advisory services and investigatory procedures relating to potential fraud, waste and abuse encountered in ongoing engagements.
- Planning and Working with Management
- Interfaces with management and University Health stakeholders for feedback in comprehensive risk assessments and in the conduct of internal audits, management advisory services and other projects.
- Interfaces with management to determine standards, policies, regulations and management expectations.
- Provides executive and line management with information as to the degree of compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that have been set in place to achieve the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Prepares and presents complex analysis of facts and information as a basis for important management decisions which may have significant impact on University Health revenues and cost of operations.
- Briefs appropriate levels of management on engagement results, and provides timely communications of potential findings, control deficiencies and opportunities for improving effectiveness and efficiency.
- Confers with management to identify and determine corrective actions to address conditions requiring remediation.
- Appraises the sufficiency of corrected actions completed by management to address audit recommendations and opportunities for improvement.
- Assists Director of Internal Audit Services in serving as University Health’s interface with external auditors or regulatory agency representatives.
- Conducting Audits and Management Advisory Services
- Conducts operational, financial, contract, compliance and IT audits and in the performance of management advisory services and special projects.
- Develops approaches to audit complex functions and activities, and makes determinations on auditing procedures, statistical sampling and computer assisted auditing techniques.
- Determines whether organizational units of University Health are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with applicable management instructions, policies, procedures, regulations, laws and leading practices, and in a manner consistent with organization’s objectives.
- Oversees analysis and evaluation of evidentiary data as a base for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- Develops and presents reports and PowerPoint presentations with results of internal audits and management advisory services, to include recommendations and management corrective action plans.
- Quality Assurance
- Conducts internal audits and management advisory services in conformance with mandatory standards and guidance of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF), other applicable auditing standard organizations and in compliance with University Health and Internal Audit Services policies and procedures.
- Assures findings and observations are supported by relevant criteria and sufficient competent evidence.
- Participates in on the job training and ongoing training requirements to assure conformance with proficiency and continuing professional development requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or information systems or equivalent from an accredited university required. Graduate degree preferred.
- CPA or CIA certification required.
- Additional professional designations, e.g. CHIAP, CISA, CISSP, CHC, CICA or CFE desired.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal audit, public accounting or equivalent. Additional experience in financial accounting, financial analysis, management information systems, contract compliance or health care compliance desired.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, both verbal and written. Strong understanding of automated systems and processes.
So if you want to work for a top rated company with opportunity for advancement come and join our team!