Junior Accountant Position
- Assists in performing accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, developing payroll on a weekly basis, performing accounts payable function and working with vendors.
- Assists in the preparation of various financial and statistical reports.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of general and governmental accounting.
- Ability to work in a team setting with various Town departments and staff.
- Position involves working with and maintaining confidential files.
- Other duties to be assigned as necessary.
Municipal accounting experience desired. Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree including or supplemented by 18 credit hours in accounting; or graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered two-year college with an Associates’s Degree including or supplemented by 18 credit hours in accounting and one year of accounting or auditing experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Employment Application may be obtained online at: www.town.waterford.ny.us
and submitted with resume to:
John E. Lawler, Town Supervisor
65 Broad Street, Waterford, New York 12188
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS 9/30/23