Factory Controller - SSI
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team at Sidney Sugars Incorporated, located in Sidney, MT as a Factory Controller. The purpose of this position is to supervise the local factory accounting, auditing, and strategic planning functions to maximize returns. This includes analytical review and forecasting to provide pertinent financial management reporting and support at all factory locations.
The principal accountabilities of this position include:
• Supervises the payment, distribution, and accuracy of all invoices to ensure cost control and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Supervises the computation, distribution, and accuracy of the factory union payroll to ensure accurate payment of employees and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Prepares and reviews timely and accurate reporting and journal entries for local and Corporate use.
• Preparation of the monthly financial goody/baddy list of factory profitability for both local and corporate reviews.
• Monthly local and corporate communication on financial analysis for production costs and maintenance spending patterns.
• Assists with financial analysis for contract negotiations for union, beet grower, and any other material contract as needed or requested.
• Audits and reviews accurate and timely finished product and M & S inventory records for control purposes.
• Prepares financial reports, budget forecasts, production maintenance warehouse budgets, and assists in agriculture, operations, and sugar warehouse budgets/forecasts to insure efficient factory management planning and sound business decisions.
• Maintains accurate and relevant management reporting systems and cost analysis to contribute to the efficiency and productivity of all areas.
• Assures compliance with Company policies and procedures in all areas.
• Maintains proper staffing levels and trains staff to meet present and future needs of the Company.
• Contributes to the achievement of overall factory objectives by developing and maintaining effective communication and participation with factory and corporate staff.
• Ensures proper controls are in place to safeguard Company assets.
To be successful, this position requires knowledge of financial and general business systems normally obtained through the completion of college coursework or equivalent business experiences. Three to five years of related work experience, well developed human relations, and excellent communication skills are also required to ensure honesty and integrity in all areas. The Factory Controller must understand the full scope of the organization; its goals, customers, and shareholders to assure sound decision-making and appropriate risk taking. They must have above average knowledge and skills in Excel, as well as all Microsoft Office Product programs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer