Accounts Payable Coordinator
Position Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Department: Finance and Administration
Starting Between: $21.64 - $24.04/hour
Work from Home Eligible:10% of time
Our Mission: To improve the quality of life for all Rhode Islanders by advancing solutions to the problem of hunger.
Our Vision: We envision a state where no one goes hungry.
Diversity Statement: The Rhode Island Community Food Bank embodies diversity, serving every part of our state and engaging people from all communities and backgrounds in our work. We are an open and inclusive organization that welcomes, respects and values all people. Diversity strengthens our organization, so we take responsibility for attracting employees, volunteers and supporters with diverse identities and life experience. When we seek out, recognize and cultivate diversity within our staff, we create an enriched and more inclusive work environment. Ultimately, it is our collective wisdom that enables us to achieve our mission with creativity and compassion.
The accounts payable coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable function for the Rhode Island Community Food Bank (RICFB). Also, the accounts payable coordinator will be responsible for various monthly financial statement reconciliations, including cash and food purchases. The accounts payable coordinator will assist the finance coordinator with cash receipts during the busy season or provide coverage when the finance coordinator is out of the office. Finally, this position will be a member of the reception team and will assist in reception coverage as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The accounts payable coordinator reports to the accounting manager. The accounts payable coordinator’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process all phases of the accounts payable process. This function includes ensuring that all accounts payable invoices have appropriate documentation and approval from department managers & directors, invoices are coded to the appropriate cost center and expense account, invoices are paid in a timely fashion and ensuring that questions or concerns regarding accounts payable invoices are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reconciling all cash accounts on a monthly basis.
- Collect and input relevant data for the federal grant programs on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for reconciling various general ledger accounts at the end of the month for preparation of the monthly Board financial statements.
- Assist the finance coordinator with cash receipts during the holiday season and serve as a backup for cash receipt processing when the finance coordinator is out on PTO.
- Responsible for ensuring all vendor w-9’s are on-file and up-to-date.
- Prepare the annual 1099s for filing with the IRS.
- Other department administrative duties as assigned.
- Backup reception duties on an as needed basis.
- Expected to work special events on an as needed basis.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or a minimum of 5 years accounts payable experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail while remaining highly organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively when speaking and in writing using standard forms of professional and office communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft and Office environments (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard office equipment.
- Experience with accounting software and automated accounts payable software preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds.
Work is typically performed in a office using computers and phones extensively and may be required to lift to 35 pounds on occasion. If the need arises, works outside of normal working hours for special events or other business-related events.