PuebloPlex is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Accounting Manager. This position reports and is accountable to the Director of Operations of the Pueblo Depot Activity Development Authority (PDADA) dba PuebloPlex.
The Accounting Manager reports to, and is accountable to, the Director of Operations of the Pueblo Depot Activity Development Authority (PDADA) dba PuebloPlex and is responsible for the day-to-day administrative, accounting, grant, Master Lease, payroll and benefits and other human resource functions of the PDADA. The Accounting Manager also performs financial analysis and forecasting as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closeout. Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions. Ensure the monthly and quarterly financial and grant compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audit departmental accounting data, identify and correct errors, identify and compute accruals, apply accounting principles to transactions and recommend revisions in departmental accounting procedures to ensure conformance with applicable statues, laws, PDADA polices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate financial control practices to diminish risk of fraud or inaccuracy of financial reporting.
- Must be able to perform financial analysis and forecasting as required.
- Coordinate the annual independent audit including overseeing the preparation of financial statements which are audited.
- Design, review, modify and maintain the accounting and property management software system used by PDADA. Ensure the accuracy of data and adherence of the system to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Design internal control systems for all departments to ensure the safeguarding of PDADA assets.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Act in the capacity of Controller in daily banking requirements.
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping, and special projects.
- File reports necessary to comply with State law and Federal regulations for audits of recipients of Federal grants.
- Perform day-to-day accounting and reporting functions for federal grants and coordinate with Federal and State reporting agencies.
- Coordinate risk management, insurance and compliance.
- May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with PDADA’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties and special projects as appropriate and necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a substantially equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of office management, accounting, finance, or related experience.
- Superior computer skills.
- Advanced accounting skills.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to accept and follow direction.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pueblo, CO 81006: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Click here to submit cover letter and resume!