Customer Engagement Center Director
Merchants Bank, Winona, is looking for a Customer Engagement Center Director. This position will oversee our entire customer engagement center and ensure that we are providing exceptional customer service to customers through a variety of digital channels. This role is diverse and will include oversight of people, process, and technology to support various areas of the business. Will present and collaborate with the executive team and other business and department leaders.
The Customer Engagement Center will use and navigate multiple online computer applications with technical proficiency, maintain knowledge of financial/banking products and services and assist customers regarding these services and follow all company policies and procedures, regulatory and legal requirements in execution of the job duties.
Must possess excellent communication skills and be responsive and sensitive to customers' and employees’ needs. Must be capable of applying effective problem solving, resolution and call handling techniques in serving customers. Requires the ability to motivate customer engagement representatives to provide consistent and exceptional customer experiences. This position requires an individual to be well organized with the ability to prioritize work demands and plan work process.
This position requires 5 years of customer service and team leadership experience. Banking experience and previous experience in a call center/customer engagement center environment preferred.
Please Apply online at www.merchantsbank.com/careers or in person at Merchants Bank, Winona (102 E 3rd Street). Questions can be emailed to email@example.com. Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain knowledge of and adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and policies and procedures relevant to Merchants Bank.
- Maintain excellent fraud prevention and resolution procedures at all levels
- Ensure that team members have the tools, education and support they need to respond to incoming calls from both internal and external customers in an efficient manner, and while providing excellent customer service. Some of the team’s critical responsibilities include:
- Properly diagnose customer needs and proactively offer new opportunities to customers by cross-selling or referring to appropriate business line to deepen customer relationships.
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support
- Explain, promote, and enroll customers in self-service products including Touchtone Banking, Debit Cards, Online Banking, Bill Payment and Mobile Banking.
- Guide customers through troubleshooting, navigating the company website/mobile app or using the products or service using digital tools including password and security question resets
- Research, analyze and resolve customer issues; determine appropriate resolution; manage difficult customer situations and follow up on resolutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist banking center staff and customers in resolving issues with ATM/Debit card and Online Banking usage to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent consistent customer service
- Leadership: Responsible for hiring, training and retaining top call center staff
- Process, system and people process improvements: Ongoing
- Take escalation calls: Provide fast + effective resolution to difficult customer situations
- Performance review: Provide timely, thorough and constructive feedback on a regular basis … including, but not limited to 90-day, 6-month and annual reviews
- Performance management: Set and inspect performance levels for team, and offer additional training as needed to optimize efficiency and customer experience
- Create and manage a department budget
- 5+ years of direct customer service experience is required
- 5+ years of team leadership experience
- 3+ years of banking industry experience – with strong knowledge of banking systems, products, and services.
- 2+ years previous experience managing in a call center/customer engagement center environment
- Strong telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn multiple systems and be strong in all system areas applicable to customer accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skill in customer relations, such as the ability to respond with sensitivity and sense of urgency to customer needs or requests.
- Strong planning ability, attention to details, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work on various duties with frequent interruptions.
- Stay up to date with new regulations and development of new products.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee will be expected to take responsibility to insure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance assignments as needed.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Conducts job candidate interviews and makes hiring decisions with assistance from Human Resources.
Inside working environment, moderate to high noise, will work jointly with employees with very minimal customer traffic in person; however, will have high degree of telephone contact. May be required to travel to Merchant locations to assist customers or employees with account related questions as wel as attend business meetings accordingly. Very limited exposure to hazardous substances.
Work performed primarily sitting at desk with an option to stand if desired, very limited degree of lifting required; will not exceed 15 lbs. Extensive terminal and PC work will require good finger/eye coordination and dexterity. Requires individual with above-average aptitude in reasoning, intelligence, and clerical perception. Requires individual with ability to interact with customers primarily on telephone and through correspondence.
Responsible to Chief Banking Officer/Market President - Winona for fulfillment of functions, responsibilities, and authority and for their proper interpretation.
Will have contact with customers, service supplier, clients, other staff members and must conduct self in a manner that will enhance the overall image of the Bank.