Client Service Manager
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
OUTSTANDING CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN THE FAMILY OFFICE INDUSTRY
Johnson Keland Management, Inc. has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Client Service Manager to join our team in Racine, WI.
This client-facing role serves as a relationship manager and an “expert generalist” to assigned clients, providing both strategic and tactical financial and operational advisory services that meet or exceed client needs and expectations. As a relationship manager, the position is responsible for managing a team in advising, overseeing, and delivering a wide range of client services and solutions to assigned clients, including entities and trusts. The Client Service Manager will work with an entire team of internal and external advisors toprovide seamless delivery of exceptional services to assigned clients. In addition, the Client Service Manager also will help manage, develop, and coach/mentor members of a Client Service Team aligned to serve an assigned client base.
General Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact and strategic advisor for assigned clients and their entities and trusts on personal, family, financial, operational and/or lifestyle management decisions, including assessment of both short-term and long-term implications of decisions.
- Draw upon and/or coordinate a combination of internal and external resources to facilitate the delivery of services and solutions that meet the needs of assigned clients in areas that may include projects in some of the following areas: budget and cash flow analysis; financial decision-making; corporate structure; tax planning and analysis; investment oversight, including asset allocation and tax-efficiency; entity oversight; wealth management and wealth transfer planning (i.e., estate planning and charitable planning); governance and education; insurance programs and coverage; real estate and property issues, including purchase, sale, financing, property management, and construction project oversight; information technology and cyber security.
- Effectively build relationships, develop credibility, and serve as liaison for clients with external advisors and service providers and proactively coordinate with all to ensure that client needs and objectives are met; ensure optimal performance and achievement of client goals; negotiate and monitor fees, commitments/agreements, and develop metrics (if needed) to measure performance.
Additional Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Monitor financial and tax planning strategies for assigned clients and entities; work with appropriate internal and external accounting, trust/estate planning, tax advisors and legal counsel to advise on planning techniques and to identify, develop, implement, and maintain optimal tax and wealth transfer strategies.
- Represent the company with a high degree of professional presence and expertise in client meetings regarding financial and estate planning, budgets/cash flow, investments, insurance, and a variety of other client needs.
- Develop and prepare materials and present at client meetings on a variety of topics.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and cash flow projections; assure accuracy of reports and adherence to budgets; perform entity distribution planning and cash flow analysis.
- Oversee accurate review and delivery of time-sensitive reconciliations, reports, and filings
(e.g., tax, corporate, regulatory, etc.) to clients.
- Review client bills/invoices for payment and sign checks for approved bills; process bank transfers and wires on various banking platforms.
Leadership and Managerial Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of individuals from the Client Service Team to deliver overall Family
Office services to assigned clients.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team; lead by example; champion and support the company’s vision to be a best-in-class family office.
- Help develop and implement business strategies of the company.
- Draft, review and implement financial and/or operational policies and procedures. Train Client Service Team on policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Assist in hiring, training, developing and retaining members of the Client Service Team.
- Create and foster a culture of partnership, collegiality, teamwork, diversity and inclusion.
Build rapport with all clients, company employees, and external business partners/service providers to promote open and transparent lines of communication in all interactions.
- Coach/mentor Client Service Team to ensure that best practices are in place for the delivery of accounting/bookkeeping, bill paying, financial, compliance, operations and lifestyle management services. Ensure these items are assigned to the appropriate team member and followed through towards timely and accurate completion.
- Provide ongoing feedback to foster a high-performance, collaborative environment where goals are met or exceeded, in an environment of trust, mutual respect and continuous improvement; ensure consistency in service across clients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in continuous learning and education of self and others. Stay up to date on current and pending regulatory changes and/or best practices in areas that could affect clients.
- As part of the Management Team, participate in a variety of office projects.
Education and Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related area. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant client-facing accounting and finance experience is required.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- CPA certification is a plus.
We are looking for someone who enjoys what they do and will make a positive contribution to our team. Successful candidates will have/be:
- Strong financial acumen and background, including technical knowledge and experience with financial statements, general ledger, journal entries and bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and/or families of significant wealth is preferred.
- Adept at issuing-spotting; ability to identify, investigate and understand complex issues, evaluate alternate solutions and formulate sound recommendations.
- Ability to manage complex and integrated projects. Strong planning and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative to proactively resolve issues. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Consultative, thoughtful approach in working with clients.
- Strategic thinker and proactive, goals-oriented planner.
- Experience with handling unique and sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Engaged in continuous education of self and others; focused on learning and sharing best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of clients. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Executive presence, including the ability to present information and respond to impromptu questions for groups of all sizes and with all levels of expertise in the subject matter.
- High degree of computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel; ability to do financial modeling using Excel.
- Effective leadership skills, including the ability to manage, coach/mentor and motivate members of the Client Service Team.
- Superior consultative and advisory skills to assist in meeting the needs of clients.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Desire to succeed and excel in the role.
What We Offer:
Johnson Keland Management, Inc. is a financial services company providing corporate governance, financial, advisory, and administrative services to clients nationwide. We offer a unique opportunity to work in the niche Family Office industry with a team of professionals who are dedicated to provide top-tier service to our clients.
We provide an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, health savings, health reimbursement and flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid parking, paid vacation/time off and an exceptional work environment overlooking beautiful Lake Michigan in Downtown Racine.
While we offer the day-to-day flexibility of a professional work environment, the expectation is for this position to work at the company office on a full-time basis. At JKM, we strive to create a positive, inclusive, and collegial workplace culture. We believe that JKM people can achieve their best when they collaborate and work together in person.
Apply by sending your resume with salary requirements to:
Johnson Keland Management, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
555 Main Street, Suite 500
Racine, WI 53403
Equal Opportunity Employer