Administrative Assistant to Vice President for Finance and Operations
Assist in maintaining an efficient and effective division, coordinate processing of complex financial information and general administrative duties, exercise independent judgment in performance of duties, coordinate delegated functions, and supervise assigned areas as appropriate. Requires a high level of professionalism with great importance placed on maintaining confidentiality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning and carrying out mission of the Finance and Operations Division. Perform administrative duties, project oversight, supervisory duties as assigned, and assist in problem solving.
- Coordinate meetings and facilitate activities among directors in Accounting Services, Bookstore/Food Services, Plant Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, and Technology Services. Coordinate Finance and Operations Division in absence of Vice President for Finance and Operations/Controller.
- Prepare monthly agendas for the Finance and Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees. Coordinate and attend the monthly Finance and Facilities Committee meetings, take minutes, transcribe, and process to appropriate persons.
- Administer and maintain liability, property, auto, accident, malpractice insurance, student accident, and student athlete policies for the College. Field all insurance inquiries on a local and state level. Complete and file all liability, auto, property damage, and accident claims. Bid insurance coverage tri-annually. Prepare insurance specification packets for bidding purposes.
- Screen, assist, or refer all communications to appropriate area. Answer varied inquiries personally and explain basic policies and procedures. Answer telephone and schedule appointments. Make travel reservations, prepare expense reports, and arrange for conferences.
- Transcribe, check, and proofread dictation of correspondence, memoranda, contracts, administrative reports, and proposals.
- Post and record data from a variety of sources. Calculate and complete standardized records and forms.
- Schedule College facilities for internal users. Rent College facilities to external users. Prepare and distribute contracts for external users. Coordinate security, custodial, and audiovisual services as needed. Maintain a manual and electronic scheduling calendar. Invoice and collect rental fees. Revise and maintain the facilities rental manual.
- Complete NC DMV documents to title new fleet autos to the college and obtain NC permanent auto tags
- Prepare monthly Board of Trustee reports/updates for the division.
- Prepare annual state utility consumption reports.
- Record monthly utilities and prepare invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly purchase card statements for payment.
- Enter E-procurement purchase orders and blanket orders for the division.
- Operate computer, calculator, printer, copier, and FAX.
- Perform all other tasks required to maintain compliance with external agencies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited college required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years’ secretarial, administrative, or facilitator experience required.
- Notary Public Certification preferred.
- Accounting knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and requirements.
- Community college experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Electronic Calendaring) required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Datatel and E-Procurement experience preferred.
- Capability to work independently, possess excellent customer service skills, and ability to interact positively with division faculty and students required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills with a high degree of detail orientation and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Demonstrated administrative competencies through internal testing required.