Garman Builders, Inc., a name that is synonymous with award-winning design, superior construction, and exceptional workmanship, is growing its Team! Family owned and locally operated in Central Pennsylvania since 1972, Garman provides a gateway to upward success, team and community connection, and building a future with a trustworthy, well-established residential construction company.
The Controller manages accounting and reporting functions for all Garman entities to ensure accuracy of financial records and to prevent accounting errors and fraud. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general ledger accounting, and job cost accounting.
- Review biweekly payroll processing, making sure that all employees are paid accurately and on time, proper tax is assessed, and that tax payments are made on time with state and federal agencies.
- Generate, improve, and issue timely monthly financial records for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Review financial statement preparation, month end close, reconciliations, general ledger, approving invoices, % completion, WIP reports, sales and use tax, cash flow, expense reports, and depreciation provided by Senior Accountant.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the Accounting personnel.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines. Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA or CPA preferred)
- 7+ years high level experience in Accounting and Finance
- 3+ years’ experience managing direct reports
- Experience with intercompany financial statements
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and accounting software, with the capacity to quickly learn additional programs
- Experience in the construction industry, a plus
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 to $110,000 annually
- Competitive Wages
- Profit Sharing
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation & Personal Time
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account Option with Company Contribution
- Vision Value Plan
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Wellness Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Incentivized Learning Opportunities
- Working Advantage Discount Program
- Additional Team Member Discounts
All inquiries are kept confidential.