In this paid, part-time internship, you will learn about:
- How investment, debt and derivative trades are transacted by entering these transactions into our
accounting systems. This will include reviewing non-standard derivative contracts, confirmations,
rate information, and prospectuses.
- Interest rate indexes and how investment, debt, and derivatives use these indexes for interest
settlements and accruals. This will include entering the rates in the system, preparing and
analyzing interest accruals and settlements based off trade terms.
- The importance of SOx controls and have the understanding and ability to carry out applicable
key controls while performing tasks.
- How to assist with preparations for the cessation of the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR),
this will include the restriking of derivatives trades indexed to LIBOR.
What qualifications are needed?
- Completion of at least sophomore year of college toward an undergraduate
degree in accounting.
- Knowledge of the banking and thrift industry preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficient use of MS Office applications including Word, Access
Benefits: FHLBank offers an attractive benefits package, has an onsite cafe and fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932. FHLBank is an equal-opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers