Utilities Billing Technician
The City of Fergus Falls is looking for a Professional to join our team!
WHY FERGUS FALLS?
- Located in the heart of West Central Minnesota lakes country
- Progressive schools
- Safe community
- County seat of Otter Tail County
- Vibrant community and a growing regional center
- River front revitalization and development under construction
- Thriving arts scene
- Balances the utility drawer daily including updating payments and reviewing for accuracy.
- Bills utility accounts on a monthly basis and verifies account balances.
- Reviews billings for accuracy and adjusts accounts which have been billed incorrectly.
- Processes work orders for utility disconnections, reconnections, new orders, owner/tenant changes and other public service requests.
- Oversees accuracy of meter readings and directs re-reading of meters when there are inconsistencies.
- Interprets City Ordinances and City Code relating to utility services.
- Receives in-person and phone inquiries concerning utility bills and services and provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions; ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines; ability to resolve conflicts as well as work with difficult customers regarding billing and payments.
- This position requires accuracy and an attention to detail with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Provides front desk coverage as needed at City Hall.
- This position requires a A.A. or A.S. degree or two-year technical certificate in accounting along with previous work experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- This position also requires proficiency in ten-key as well as Excel and Word.
The salary range for this position is $22.72 to $29.54 per hour. This position includes excellent city benefits, offered to all full-time employees.
Applications along with a current resume must be submitted by December 5, 2022