Account Receivable Clerk
This full-time position (40 hrs/wk) includes receiving and recording all receipts, deposits and adjustments, maintaining and generating patient billing records and monthly statements. This position will also be responsible for following up on unpaid accounts and billing denials. Other general office duties such as answering and transferring calls etc. Rotating Saturday hours required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business related field or comparable hospital finance or patient accounting work experience required. Closing Date: 11/21/2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Understand and comply with the requirements of the Hospital’s Compliance Program, including, but not limited to the Code of Conduct, The Compliance Policy, all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance plans affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
Participate in all education and training programs regarding compliance as required by Hospital policy and as requested by supervisor.
1. Receive and record all receipts, deposits, and adjustments.
2. Maintain patient billing records and generate monthly statements.
3. Keep current on insurance filing regulations and requirements.
4. Call and follow-up on unpaid or incorrectly paid insurance claims.
5. Balance accounts receivable daily.
6. Contact customers and pursue collections.
7. Make judgments about which accounts to refer to collections agency or bank loan program.
8. Identify account overpayments and process refunds.
9. Invoice and collect non-patient accounts receivable.
10. Calculate and communicate out-of-pocket estimates for patient procedures as requested.
11. Process UB 04/1500 claim forms to be sent to insurance companies.
12. File claims electronically with insurance companies.
13. Run the month/year end accounts receivable reports.
14. Admit patients electronically collecting demographic and insurance data and obtain required signatures.
15. Assisting patients with admissions paperwork and providing necessary explanation of acknowledgments signed by the patient.
16. Pre-registering patients for various services as required.
17. Answer and transfer incoming phone calls.
18. Train other staff as needed.
19. Participate in QI studies as assigned.
20. Attend seminars and workshops as directed.
21. Maintain patient confidentiality.