Commercial Banking Administrator
Commercial Banking Administrator
Under limited supervision, work closely with Commercial Relationship Managers and Commercial Portfolio Managers in servicing the existing portfolio. This may include, but is not limited to, direct and indirect customer contact and assistance with new loan requests and modifications/reaffirmations of existing loans. Works with the Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Banking Officer as an administrative assistant.
1. Manage the day-to-day activity of the LPO and liaison with other areas of the bank as required.
2. Contribute to the successful achievement of the assigned portfolio(s) production goals.
3. Provide administrative support to the Area Executive in fulfilling market and business development objectives when needed.
4. Accurately complete and process various forms of correspondence required to service customers and meet internal policy requirements.
5. Prepare and review necessary documentation and forms including, but not limited to, situation pages and modification memos in an efficient and timely manner. Review approvals and request real estate appraisals, lien and flood searches, property reports, environmental investigations, and other requests for information as needed in a timely manner.
6. Support the Relationship Manager in the pre-closing control number process by contacting insurance companies, completing the commercial documentation request form, control number checklist, commitment/disbursement authorization, etc as needed.
7. Clear any post closing documentation exceptions with the assistance of the Portfolio Manager or Relationship Manager.
8. Monitor reports including but not limited to loans maturing in 90 days, annual line review, monthly letter of credit report, etc. to ensure that all reaffirmations/reviews meet internal policy requirements and are completed in a timely manner.
9. Monitor and ensure the timely resolution of documentation and financial exceptions as well as various tickler system requirements such as insurance verification and real estate tax receipts. Process all pertinent information in a timely manner.
10. Review and research UCC Continuation forms to ensure that UCC is filed correctly and that it adheres to the terms and conditions of the loan approval. Provide the information to Relationship Manager/Portfolio Manager for their decision.
11. Update information on required forms for internal risk assessment including loan officer reviews, asset quality reviews and property re-evaluations and submit completed forms to Portfolio Manager.
12. Review unfunded commitment report and advise Portfolio Manager and Relationship Manager of pending expirations.
13. Provide appropriate support in resolving any customer service issues.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is frequently required to: 1) Type or otherwise work with fingers; 2) Talk expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers or clients accurately, loudly, or quickly; 3) Hearing – perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with/without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make the discriminations in sound; 4) Specific vision abilities required by this job include: viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading.
Sedentary work may require occasionally lifting of up to 10 pounds and/or move up to 25 pounds. This work involves sitting most of the time with walking and sitting.
1. Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
2. Strong Computer Skills (Word and Excel)
3. Detail Oriented
4. Analytical Skills
5. Organizational Skills
6. Deadline Oriented
7. Ethical Conduct
REQUIRED/ PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree and three (3) years of Admin experience. In lieu of Associates Degree, five years of Admin experience required.
This position requires a working knowledge of Word and Excel with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Associates or better.
3 years: Equivalent education, or at least three (3) years admin experience.
Visit our website @ AmeriServ.com/careers.