CEO of Credit Union
ALLECU BIRMINGHAM, AL Full-time Finance
Posted on February 22, 2023
Chief Executive Officer “CEO”
Plan, direct, and control all credit union activities in accordance with credit union plans,
policies, directives, and activities as established by the board of directors.
- Direct all credit union operations, which include planning and implementing programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provide strategic and/or administrative direction and management in all credit union functions including accounting, Asset / Liability Management (“ALM”), business development, Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”), compliance, facility management, finance, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, operations, retail services, risk management, and security.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the credit union and establish office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services, to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the credit union.
- Develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Investigate workflow of the credit union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve and reduce cost.
- Ensure that the credit union follows the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other Federal and State regulatory agencies.
- Recruit and select quality applicants for staff vacancies, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with solid employees.
- Create and supervise a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Evaluate the job performance of credit union staff to ensure quality service to members.
- Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis to insure the dissemination of information, exchange of ideas, resolution of problems, discussion of trends, etc.
- Ensure that information is communicated throughout the credit union.
- Ensure adequate equipment, supplies, and working space is available.
- Conduct business development activities to promote the growth and Development of the credit union.
- Build positive relationships with the field of membership, and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
- Plan and oversee the employee benefits program.
- Manage security and safety for the credit union, analyze security and safety policies and procedures, and alert staff of any changes in a timely manner.
- Attend and successfully complete on-site or off-site training as provided by third-party vendors to maintain up-to-date knowledge of systems, regulations, etc.
- Perform other non-routine assignments as directed by the board of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, or comparable job-related experience.
- Prefer 3 years’ financial institution experience.