Senior Credit Officer
Senior Credit Officer
Willmar or Redwood Falls, MN office
Do you have solid credit skills and love the finance industry? We are seeking a full-time Sr Credit Officer to join our AgCountry team in the Willmar or Redwood Falls, MN office. We will consider other office locations for the right candidate.
Our Sr Credit Officers work on the most complex loans and have significant lending authority and responsibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input and assist as resource in the analysis and structuring of credit. Analyze loan applications for new or renewed loans and loan servicing and review all financial information. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of customer operations and financial positions and develop customer solutions. Assist in determining proper loan structures, loan covenants and recommend interest rates, levels of credit risk management, and additional products and services to enhance customer businesses. Support quality customer service by preparing sound and complete financial solution packages that may need to be submitted to the appropriate approving party. Must be able to identify trends, risks, and appropriate mitigators.
- Provide ongoing specialization in assigned industries and be a resource for industry issues.
- Assure effective loan servicing based on sound credit administration. Assist loan officer or relationship manager with credit actions and approvals and advise them as to loan structuring and packaging. Recommend, implement, and administer policies and procedures based on AgCountry credit and operations objectives. Instill strong credit disciplines within the lending staff to meet AgCountry high standards, and ensure compliance with AgCountry, district, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Approve and price loans within delegated authority, recommend action upon requests above delegated authorities, and assure that all credit decisions fall within delegated authorities.
- Assist in the preparation of customer briefings and team with loan officers or relationship managers for presentations and customer meetings when requested
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or related field and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years’ experience in agricultural credit and operations, commercial or agribusiness lending or equivalent.
- Proven ability in both real estate and chattel secured lending and servicing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, strong teamwork, and coordination skills.
- Sound financial judgment and lending acumen.
- Ability to work with increasingly complex financial information and identify strengths, weaknesses, and possible solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Sound communication, negotiating, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with financial analysis software.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, commercial banking, and the Farm Credit System.
- Knowledge of lending disciplines and the AgCountry credit portfolio.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of AgCountry loan products and services and credit operations.
If you are a team player, have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or related field, have experience in agriculture and/or credit (preferred), possess strong analytical and communication skills and are self-motivated, apply today!
Closing Date: June 26th, 2022, 7 PM CT
Click "apply" to submit your application today!