7-UP and Red Bull is looking for an Accounting Assistant. Starting at $24/hour. Work Monday-Friday.
The Accounting Assistant role is responsible for supporting the Accounting Manager by performing a variety of accounting duties, including but not limited to, assuring all financials and receivables are processed and delivered timely and accurately, according to state, federal, and company regulations and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Skills include but not limited to:
- Contact and process all Accounts Receivable invoices including accounts overdue on payment
- Manage payment collection efforts by generating invoice statements to outstanding customers; create repayment options, etc., as needed
- Conduct account research and analysis; resolve any discrepancies
- Reconcile accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile invoices to purchase orders (PO)
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, filing paperwork, answering phones
- Track submitted order payments
- Post all daily Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Electronic Fund Transaction (EFT) payments
- Post all credit card and check payments and reconcile with merchant
- Daily Deposit and Cash Sheet reconciliation
- Assist in processing Accounts Payables
- Monitor all customer and vendor payments and scanback/billbacks
- Complete tracking spreadsheets, as needed
- Interact with customers and vendors to resolve any outstanding issues
- Assist in resolving COD concerns with Sales and Delivery staff
- Respond to all communication inquiries in a timely manner
- Ensure payment of weekly bills
- Update customer account information, as needed
- Process monthly statements
- Reconcile credit applications and receipts
- Process and track promotional allowances
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times by communicating with store management; personnel, as well as the general public
- Ensure accounting records are accurate, complete, and up-to-date
- Collection of Mail and Postage on a daily basis
- Adhere to customer policies and procedures in compliance with workplace, health, and safety standards.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Other General Duties:
- Assist Office Manager and other administrative personnel, as needed.
- Identify and report any warehouse issues or processes needing improvement
- Ensure all standards of conduct are met in accordance with Company Guidelines as found in the Employee Handbook
- Report any unsafe workplace practices or accidents immediately to supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of Company Information
- Demonstrate effective time management strategies
- Notify supervisor of any repairs needed in a timely manner
- Follow product breakage procedures to ensure minimal loss to Company
- Use sound judgment and seek guidance and direction as necessary from supervisor.
NOTE: This Job Description is intended to indicate the basic nature of the position and to provide general duties that may be assigned. This document does not imply that all persons in this role perform all the duties listed, nor does it list all the possible duties that may be assigned. Employees may perform other assigned duties to meet the needs of the organization.
High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalence Certificate required.
2 years of accounting experience required
Accounts payable and accounts receivable experience, preferred
Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
Data Entry in accounting software, preferred
Customer Service and collection experience, preferred
Highly organized and detail-oriented
Must pass background check and motor vehicle checks, as required.
Must have proper authorization to work in the United States.
Physical Requirements/Workplace Conditions:
This position requires frequent walking, sitting and occasional standing and driving; occasional bending and twisting the body, keeping or regaining balance, kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling and repetitive motions with constant finger movements and reaching with arms and hands. This position may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 60 lbs. The position requires basic skills such as full vision capabilities, the ability to actively listen/hear, read/comprehend, communicate orally and reason or analyze on a constant basis and to perform calculations frequently.
This position also requires social skills such as, coordination efforts, team efforts, perceptiveness to others, using sound judgment, and willingness to help others. Work is performed in a warehouse/office environment that is environmentally controlled but has frequent open doors. The inside environment may be hot or cold depending on the current weather conditions. Work is also performed using a computer and standard office machinery daily, along with occasional use of a vehicle.